Did your loved one die as a result of another party’s negligence or intentional act? Your family may be entitled to compensation. If you need legal advice, schedule a free consultation with one of our wrongful death attorneys in Fort Lauderdale.
We understand the emotional and financial turmoil that come in the wake of a sudden death in the family. Our lawyers not only will provide tenacious representation, but they will also make every effort to be accessible to you so the claims process is as stress-free as possible. To speak with a member of our team, contact our office at (954) 880-9500.
What Sets Lubell Rosen Apart from Other Law Firms?
Most people who hire a wrongful death lawyer are doing so for the first time in their lives. While the Internet has made it easier to find out about law firms in your area, testimonials and reviews may not give you a sense of a lawyer’s true experience or competence.
Just because an attorney is willing to handle your case does not mean they have won claims that are similar to yours. After all, a fatal slip and fall accident, for example, differs vastly from a vehicle collision or violent attack.
Our wrongful death attorneys in Fort Lauderdale have a track record of success across a broad range of tort claims and have the resources to succeed in even the most complex cases. Here are just a few qualities that set our legal team apart from the rest:
- We Are Accessible: From the initial investigation to settlement negotiations and beyond, it’s only natural that you will have questions about the legal processes and your role at every stage of proceedings. We understand that being accessible to our clients can help reduce stress and quell anxieties, which is why we strive to return calls quickly and make ourselves available after hours and on weekends.
- We Have Litigation Experience: While most cases are resolved out of court, having a skilled litigator by your side can be a sign of strength against the insurance company or at-fault party. For instance, an insurance company may be more inclined to agree to a fair settlement if they are aware that you have the means to file a lawsuit if necessary.
- We Provide Personalized Representation: Unlike some law firms, we don’t simply treat our clients as a source of revenue. From the early stages of the proceedings to the conclusion of your case, our lawyers will devote the time and resources necessary to provide you with the best representation possible.
What Mistakes Could Harm My Family’s Case?
If your family’s financial security is at risk, you wouldn’t want to do anything that may harm your chances of recovering fair compensation. However, while the outcome of the claim is largely out of your hands, you could be a single mistake away from bringing the whole case crashing down.
At best, crucial errors you’ve made before or after you file the claim could result in delays as your attorney works to counter disputes; at worst, your family may be denied the financial recovery they deserve.
With that in mind, our Fort Lauderdale wrongful death lawyers suggest that you avoid these common mistakes:
- Posting About the Fatal Accident Online: It’s not unusual for investigators hired by insurance companies or opposing parties to comb through the social media accounts of the deceased and their family members, searching for any evidence that could be used to challenge the claim. Even seemingly unrelated or mundane posts could be leveraged to lodge disputes over liability, causation, and damages. For instance, if you make a post to update friends and family about the fatal accident, you may inadvertently implicate the deceased as partially liable.
- Providing a Recorded Statement to the Insurer: If the insurance company reaches out to you after the accident, you should never give them a recorded statement. Instead, let your Fort Lauderdale wrongful death attorney handle all correspondence so you don’t accidentally say something that could lead to a dispute.
- Overlooking Damages: In Florida, there are many kinds of damages that might be recoverable after a wrongful death. Our attorneys can help you account for all damages that your family may be owed.
Call (954) 880-9500 to Speak with a Wrongful Death Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
Our law firm can handle the logistics of your case while you and your family focus on the grieving process. We won’t let the opposing party take advantage of your vulnerable position. If the defense refuses to offer a fair settlement, we will relish the opportunity to file a lawsuit if it is in your best interests to do so. For a free consultation with a wrongful death lawyer, send us an email or call (954) 880-9500.